Indulge in the timeless allure of the SodaStream Bee's Knees Cocktail, where the classic meets contemporary with a sparkling twist. This cocktail celebrates the perfect harmony of flavours, combining the zesty tang of lemon with a hint of honey's sweetness, all enhanced by the effervescence of SodaStream's sparkling water.
The Bee's Knees cocktail, known for its refreshing simplicity, thrives in today's diverse gin market, where a wide selection of high-quality gins offers the perfect canvas for this classic libation. Choosing the right gin is key; a London Dry gin highlights juniper, while a more modern gin with citrus and floral notes complements the lemon and honey flavours. Homemade honey syrup, crafted from mild honey like clover or delicate floral varieties, adds complexity and sweetness, while freshly squeezed lemon juice provides a tart and balanced acidity. With only three ingredients, the Bee's Knees is an easy and crowd-pleasing cocktail, making it an ideal choice for gatherings and parties.
Bee's Knees Cocktail Ingredients
Gin 60 ml
Freshly squeezed lemon juice 22.5 ml
Honey syrup 22.5 ml
SodaStream sparkling water
Lemon twist or edible flower Garnish
How to make a Bee's Knees Cocktail :
- Begin by chilling a cocktail glass, such as a coupe or martini glass, in the freezer for a few minutes. A cold glass enhances the overall experience.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 oz of gin, 3/4 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and 3/4 oz of honey syrup (equal parts honey and hot water, cooled). Add ice to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds to blend the ingredients and chill the mixture.
- Strain the cocktail into the chilled glass, allowing the cocktail to sparkle and shine.
- Top off the cocktail with SodaStream sparkling water to your preferred level of effervescence. Adjust the amount to suit your taste.
- If desired, garnish with a twist of lemon or an edible flower to add a touch of visual elegance.
Bee's Knees Cocktail History
The Bee's Knees Cocktail has its roots in the Prohibition era in the United States, where it was created to make the often subpar gin more palatable. This classic cocktail combines gin, honey syrup, and lemon juice and takes its name from the 1920s slang "Bee's Knees," which meant something outstanding. It remains a favourite for its sweet and tangy flavours and enduring appeal.