Also known in the UK as “vodka and orange”, some consider this delicious, three-ingredient cocktail featuring orange juice, vodka and ice a breakfast indulgence, while others prefer to imbibe at sundown. Fruit and tangy, this day-time cocktail is also a delicious crowd-pleaser at brunch because its flavours go so well with cheeses, breads, cold cuts and other nibbles. For a summery, fizzy variant, SodaStream sparkling water takes the refreshing flavours to a whole new level — and possibly your very own signature Happy Hour at Home bubbly.
This citrusy thirst-quencher featuring orange juice, vodka and ice is super quick to whip up for a party of one or 10, alike. No wonder it is one of the world’s most popular cocktails, and such a satisfying way to cool down on scorching days.
Screwdriver Cocktail Ingredients
Orange juice 90 ml
Vodka 60 ml
Ice cubes 1.5 cups
SodaStream sparkling water 500 ml
Garnish: Orange ring or wedge
How to make a Screwdriver Cocktail :
- Combine orange juice and vodka in a highball glass, stir to blend well.
- Add ice cubes, stir again.
- Fill your bottle with cold fresh water and insert it into your SodaStream sparkling water maker.
- Push the button once (light fizz), twice (medium fizz) or thrice (strong fizz) based on your preferred carbonation level.
- Add your preferred amount of freshly-fizzed SodaStream sparkling water to the cocktail.
- Garnish with an orange ring or wedge before serving.
Make it fresh
It is advised that orange juice should be freshly-squeezed, which is usually less sweet than a store-bought version. Alternatively, opt for a carton of 100% pure orange juice.
It’s a classic for a reason
Cocktail lovers the world over will tell you that the simplicity of this drink should be maintained. But if you prefer to add on another dimension of flavour, consider options that go well with citrus, such as vanilla, lemon or mint. Reflect your choice in your garnish as well.
Experiment with portions
Prefer your drink less sweet? Reverse the ratios of orange juice and vodka, and top up with extra SodaStream sparkling water.