Now here’s a drink that will please adults and kids alike: a virgin mojito is a non-alcoholic, refreshing thirst-quencher with bright notes of fresh lime juice and a heady aroma of mint. Marrying these two ingredients perfectly to make a delicious any-time-of-the-day beverage is SodaStream sparkling water, fizzed to your preferred carbonation level. Prepare to sip on these all day.
Typically associated with hot summer days and poolside indulgences, a virgin mojito features an irresistible combination of fresh lime juice, sparkling water, a simple syrup and a small shower of fresh mint leaves. Warning: you won’t stop at just one glass.
Virgin Mojito Mocktail Ingredients
Fresh Lime Juice 30ml
SodaStream Sparkling Water 118ml
Simple Sugar Syrup (Sugar & Water) 15ml
Fresh large mint leaves 10
Garnish Lime wheels and mint leaves
How to make a Virgin Mojito Mocktail :
- In the mocktail shaker, gently muddle the mint leaves to release their flavour.
- Add lime juice, syrup and your preferred amount of ice. Shake to combine.
- Fill your bottle with cold fresh water and insert it into your SodaStream sparkling water maker. Push the button once (light fizz), twice (medium fizz) or thrice (strong fizz) based on your preferred carbonation level.
- Decant into a mocktail shaker.
- Pour, unstrained, into a highball glass. Dress the glass rim with a lime wheel and some mint leaves.
Variants of a virgin mojito are just as easy to concoct: introduce muddled cherries, raspberries, lychees or mango that take just seconds to chop up. Each will add a layer of flavour and a burst of colour to your glass.
Make it a ‘kosong’
Keep this drink 100% healthy by omitting sugar syrup in your glass. If you like, you may also use alternative natural sweeteners such as honey or agave nectar.
Fizz it your way
Club soda, tonic water or Sprite can also be used instead of sparkling water. All three options will help you achieve that same bubbly taste.