The Chinese New Year is a Spring Festival 春节, a new year to invite new beginnings and start another year with a new slate. It’s a chance to spring clean the house (and mentally), declutter the mess and sweep away the all the negative energy and welcome good luck, good health and prosperity into your home and your life.
The Chinese New Year festivity calls a lot of house visits and feasting. Many would opt for soft drinks when entertaining your guests at your home during the Chinese New Year. In view of PM Lee’s National Day 2017 speech, we should refrain from drinking drinks that highly intoxicated with a huge amount of sugar!
HOW BAD IS SUGAR?
“Added sugar is the single worst ingredient in the modern diet. It can have harmful effects on metabolism and contribute to all sorts of diseases.” - Kris Gunnars, www.healthline.com. Click HERE to read on.
We recommend healthy delicious sparkling water for the Chinese New Year which are freshly made!
SPICED ORANGE SPRITZER
Mandarin oranges is a must have during Chinese New Year and serving this drink will be very convenient as you would have plenty of oranges to spare for this drink. Here's how to make the Orange Spiced Spritzer.
- Add orange and ginger slices in a jug and muddle well.
- Add ice.
- Carbonate water with SodaStream Sparkling Water Maker and pour into the jug.
- Add cinnamon, stevia (or honey) and sliced lemon.
- Garnish with orange triangles to serve.
WATERMELON BERRY FIZZ
Serving refreshing watermelon with super foods like strawberry and chia seeds in sparkling water is a delicious healthy drink one can look forward to during Chinese New Year visitations! Here's how to make the Watermelon Berry Fizz.
- Blend together the 3 cups of cubed watermelon, 1 cup hulled strawberries, and half a peeled lime until smooth. Strain through a sieve, pushing the juice through with a spatula. Discard the solids.
- Mix the chia seeds into the juice and refrigerate for about 15 minutes to let the chia seeds swell.
- Place remaining cup of watermelon cubes at the bottom of each glass.
- Stir the juice to break up the chia seeds, pour into glasses, and top with SodaStream Sparkling Water. Garnish with watermelon to serve.