- 1 ½ cups all purpose plain flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1-2tbsp ice water
- 5 stalks rhubarb, sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pint hulled strawberries
- In a large bowl, add flour, almond flour, salt, sugar and butter. Use your fingers and work the butter into the flour. The result should be a crumbly mixture. Add the water a little at a time and work quickly together until it forms a dough.
- Press the pastry dough into a 10 inch large greased tart tin and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Prick the bottom with a fork. Bake in 190C oven for about 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan heat up rhubarb and sugar, cook until the rhubarb start to soften. Stir in the strawberries. Fill the crust with the mixture and serve while warm with ice cream and enjoy with a glass of sparkling water!